Sony Device Technology (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
|Implemented Solution||Advanced Centrifugal Chiller and Control System (Ene-Conductor)|
Urgently needed to boost efficiency of high-power consumption heat source equipment system for carbon neutrality
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Thermal Systems’ (MHI Thermal Systems) client, Sony Device Technology (Thailand) Co., Ltd., urgently needed to improve the efficiency of their heat source equipment system which consumed a large proportion of power of the total air conditioning system at their production factory in Thailand. To address this, MHI Thermal Systems proposed our advanced centrifugal chillers for their clean room (area: 6,250 m²) which was a part of renovations of the factory, and they were installed.
KEY POINTS TO THE SOLUTION
- Provide advanced inverter centrifugal chillers for factory renovations
- Deliver greater energy saving through total control of the entire system including auxiliary equipment by Ene-Conductor
- Contribute toward carbon neutrality by reducing annual power consumption and CO₂ emissions by approximately 30%
Provide advanced inverter centrifugal chillers for factory renovations
Along with the construction plan for the new factory, Sony Device Technology (Thailand) Co., Ltd. considered installing chillers with greater energy-saving effect than their existing units. MHI Thermal Systems provided a total of six high-efficiency inverter centrifugal chillers - four supplying chilled water at 7℃ on the low-temperature side and two supplying chilled water at 14℃ on the high-temperature side.
Deliver greater energy saving through total control of the entire system including auxiliary equipment by Ene-Conductor
MHI Thermal Systems also introduced Ene-Conductor which is a total heat source control system. In addition to control numbers of centrifugal chillers, it also controlled the variable flow of chilled water pump, cooling water pump and chilled water secondary pump, and variable air flow of the cooling tower fan. This has always enabled optimal energy saving operation.
Contribute to carbon neutrality by reducing annual power consumption and CO₂ emissions by approximately 30%
The installed our advanced inverter centrifugal chillers achieved high efficiency which is COP(*) 6.24 per chiller on an annual average, and COP4 to 5 range for total system including auxiliary equipment using Ene-Conductor. This proved that our centrifugal chillers functioned effectively even in Southeast Asia where the outside temperature is quite high. Controlling the chillers, primary chilled water pump, cooling water pump and auxiliary equipment of the cooling tower air flow reduced annual power usage by 1,553MWh which is approximately 30% of previous power usage. As a result, CO₂ emissions were also reduced by approximately 30%. (*) Coefficient Of Performance
- Achieved significant energy saving and CO₂ reduction, contributing to carbon neutrality
- Maintained stable and optimized operation with inverter centrifugal chillers that deliver high performance and high efficiency which eventually contributed to customers’ economics
- Create opportunities for further energy saving with accumulating and analyzing several years of operating data
- Help move toward a “smart factory” by combining visualization of all related equipment, optimized control of heat source systems and automated optimized operations
Our company (Sony Device Technology (Thailand) Co., Ltd.) is a factory that is responsible for the post-processes of image sensors. In fiscal year 2021, we became the first company in the Sony Group’s Southeast Asia region to achieve the goal of operating facilities with 100% renewable energy as a countermeasure to climate change. We will continue our efforts to operate our business with the environment in mind. With installation of MHI Thermal Systems’ high-performance centrifugal chillers and control system, we are very satisfied not only with the energy saving achieved through optimized operation of air conditioning system, but also with the quality of service provided after the equipment is installed. MHI Thermal Systems is one of our global partners with whom we can build relationship of trust.
Click below to learn more about our solution
One-stop Solutions to Optimize the Entire Heat Source Systems
Read in other languages
* This website provides some pages with a machine translation service.