BESS (Battery Energy Storage System)
A BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) is the optimum solution for those who need to be able to provide an uninterrupted supply of power to maintain a stable output in all environments and conditions.
Amid an increased focus on the utilization and introduction of renewable energy sources, BESS compensates for the durability limitations of these sources, providing essential value for operators who need to provide a stable electricity supply while increasing and maximizing their revenue.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
By combining batteries with existing generation assets, a BESS provides a backup environment for those who draw some of their capacity from renewable sources. Mitsubishi Power also offers a one-stop service that includes the solutions and implementation plans necessary for clients to realize their ideas, be they for business continuity or expansion.
- BESS is a solution that provides backup to those who want to make greater use of renewable energy, but have found renewables have not lived up to expectations due to weather-related intermittency or power grid limitations.
- Mitsubishi Power offers the peace of mind and experience afforded by ten years operating in the BESS sector since releasing its own lithium-ion battery range in 2011.
- A range of grid-scale BESS solutions are possible, ranging from containerized units to those installed in dedicated buildings, to match the client’s generation capacity, available space, and region. In addition to lithium-ion batteries, Mitsubishi Power also offers access to other energy storage technologies, including hydrogen, and redox flow batteries.
- Mitsubishi Power’s BESS solutions are not restricted to those operating Mitsubishi turbines: a similar range of BESS services are available to users of third-party turbines.
DETAILS OF THE SOLUTION
- Mitsubishi Power provides a one-stop service that includes the development of optimized BESS solutions and the formulation of implementation plans.
- Mitsubishi Power is able to offer grid-scale BESS in all manner of configurations, from containerized units to those housed in dedicated buildings. An individualized configuration solution will be provided in accordance with the requirements of your application.
- We are also able to provide enhanced flexibility by combining a BESS solution with a gas turbine, a configuration that delivers value in grids with a high proportion of renewably-generated supply.
- All manner of grid-scale BESS solutions are available, from containerized systems to systems housed in dedicated buildings, to match the client’s generation capacity, available space, and region.
- Mitsubishi Power provides digital solutions for demand projection in relation to BESS charging and discharging, and optimizing BESS operation. We also offer our remote monitoring service, honed through years of experience with gas turbines, for use with BESS assets.
Optimize GTCC Operation with BESS (Battery Energy Storage System)
As efforts to decarbonize gather pace, the utilization of renewable sources of energy has become a matter of urgency, resulting in a global boom in the construction of renewable generation facilities. At the same time, there is no denying that solar and wind energy have yet to live up to expectations, beset as they are by intermittent output due to weather, and by grid limitations.