Extended maintenance intervals by using a highly precise and reliable method
Industry: The power industry (GTCC)
Need to minimize down-time of GTCC due to maintenance
The GTCC business environment is undergoing significant change as decarbonization accelerates and renewable energies emerge. In such an environment, improving profitability will be more important than ever. The key to achieve this is to minimize GTCC down-time due to maintenance.
Need to formulate maintenance plans that can be adapted to unexpected situations
In case of unexpected events, such as the coronavirus pandemic, it may no longer be possible to carry out planned maintenance at the necessary time because of difficulties arranging maintenance staff. As a result, there is a growing need for flexibility in maintenance planning.
KEY POINTS TO THE SOLUTION
- Optimize maintenance intervals by extensive accumulated experience, big data and knowledge in Mitsubishi Power
- Use of digital technologies to extend maintenance intervals
- Save maintenance costs, create opportunities to sell electricity and improve capacity value to maximize GTCC asset value
Optimize maintenance intervals by extensive accumulated experience, big data and knowledge in Mitsubishi Power
Mitsubishi Power's Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) optimizes maintenance intervals by making comprehensive evaluation decisions supported by Mitsubishi Power's extensive experience, big data and knowledge in technology, R&D, design, manufacturing and maintenance of total power plant systems.
Use of digital technologies to extend maintenance intervals
In addition to analyzing information regarding past operational modes and the condition of parts removed during previous maintenance work, we can improve precision and optimize processes to extend maintenance intervals by compiling and analyzing plant operations in real-time using the TOMONI HUB remote monitoring technology.
Save maintenance costs, create opportunities to sell electricity and improve capacity value to maximize GTCC asset value
Extended maintenance intervals contribute to improved availability and reduced maintenance costs for power plants. As a result, we can maximize GTCC asset value by improving capacity value and creating opportunities to sell electricity. Another aspect of CBM is to make interval extensions possible without large-scale modification of power plant.
- By optimizing maintenance intervals, we can reduce the number of planned inspections and save maintenance costs.
- Reducing the number of planned inspections is directly linked to maximizing opportunities to sell electricity, which leads to increased value on the wholesale market.
- It is not only a matter of earning revenue from electricity sales, but GTCC asset value on the capacity market also improves.
Click below to learn more about our solution
CBM (Condition Based Maintenance)
With the rise of decarbonization and renewable energy, we need to optimize maintenance intervals to reduce Gas Turbine Combined Cycle (GTCC) maintenance costs and to improve capacity value and opportunities to sell electricity. By compiling extensive accumulated experience, big data and knowledge in Mitsubishi Power, CBM optimizes maintenance intervals and maximizes GTCC asset value.