Our Mission Toward Decarbonization:
Solving CO2 for Good
For all living things on Earth, we promote every viable solution for reducing anthropogenic and atmospheric CO2, so that Net-Zero can be achieved as early as possible in the 21st century. This includes enhancing the recycling of CO2 to transform it into a valuable commodity, and doing so in an environmentally-friendly manner.
Join Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) group and the world’s leading CCS/CCUS technology at PCCC-6.
Breeze CONCEPT – To Achieve Net Zero By 2050
For the sustainable prosperity of the Earth, MHI Group will seriously take the challenge of global energy transition. In order to realize a carbon-neutrality as early as possible in this century, it is necessary to promote both the reduction and recovery of CO2 through the energy transition. We will proactively solve anthropogenic and atmospheric CO2 with every viable solution. MHI Group will save a gentle breeze for our children in the 22nd century. This is “Breeze CONCEPT“.
Our Key Technologies
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries’ CO2 Capture Technology
Our CO2 capture technology (KM CDR Process™) can be used for any plant that burns Hydrocarbons to significantly reduce carbon emission. See our technical features and global experience, including Petra Nova, the world’s largest post-combustion capture plant with 4,776 tons/day capacity in Texas, U.S.A.
Liquified CO2 Carrier for Transporting CO2
CCUS needs to develop carbon value chain connecting all the process including carbon capture, liquefaction, transport, storage and usage. For the transportation, low cost “liquified CO2 carrier” which MHI is developing will be one of the solutions.
Explore Our CO2 Capture Plant
This is the 3D model of CO2 capture Plant with our technology. One remarkable technology is the post-combustion CO2 capture process (KM CDR Process™), jointly developed by MHI and Kansai Electric. Any plant that burns Hydrocarbons can use this process. Join our virtual site tour to feel and explore our technology.
About Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group
MHI Group has history more than 130 years and is a leading industrial firm with more than 80,000 global employees that spans energy, logistics & infrastructure, industrial machinery, aerospace and defense.
- Drax and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Sign Pioneering Deal Towards Delivery of the World’s Largest Negative Emissions Project
- NextDecade and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America Execute Engineering Services Agreement for Carbon Capture at Rio Grande LNG Project in Texas
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering to test carbon capture technology at Technology Centre Mongstad in Norway
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Invests in Monolith Materials — Leader in Innovative Technology for Reducing Environmental Impact —
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering to Establish "Decarbonization Business Department" — Response to Diverse Customer Needs amid Global Efforts to Achieve Carbon Neutrality —